The 2nd annual awards are designed to demonstrate the engagement and dynamism of the dairy sector worldwide, offering a unique platform to showcase innovative processes, practices and products that improve efficiency and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
In its inaugural edition, the awards attracted over 140 entries worldwide, with participation from every continent.
Said Caroline Emond, Director General, IDF: “Innovation is certainly one of the dairy sector’s outstanding features and one of the reasons why milk and dairy have remained at the very core of sustainable and healthy nutrition since the beginning of times. This is something that the 2022 edition of the IDF DIA has proven through its amazing set of entries. Now we aim for even more innovative breakthroughs and greater participation in 2023.”
Entries will be invited in nine categories, with a focus on sustainable and community-led initiatives, as well as new product development and innovative practices:
- Innovation in sustainable farming practices: a) environment, b) animal care, c) socio-economic
- Innovation in sustainable processing
- Innovation in sustainable packaging
- Innovation in new product development with a focus on food safety and consumers nutrition
- Innovation in Women empowerment in the dairy sector
- Innovation in Climate Action
- Innovation in Marketing & Communication initiatives building the dairy category
Notably, two new categories have been introduced this year: Innovation in Women empowerment in the dairy sector and Innovation in Marketing & Communication initiative building dairy category.
The IDF World Dairy Innovation Awards 2023 will open for entries from 15th March until 1st June 2023 with the award winners being announced on 16th October in a dedicated awards ceremony at the IDF World Dairy Summit hosted in Chicago, USA. For more or to register your interest CLICK HERE